Thursday, January 3, 2013

Reflecting on 2012


As I reflect on my journey over the last year, I am in awe at how far I have come. I was determined to use my talents to hopefully make the world, or at least my world, a better place. I started doing what I do best and what tugged at my heart. As I sketched, designed, made notes and came up with good and bad ideas and wandered and pondered, I felt my spirit come alive again. 2012 was a year filled with personal challenges that at times took the best of me. Nevertheless, I refused to give up and the more intent, perseverant and determined I became.

As I near the end of the first MamaYala™ project, I thank God for the strength and motivation I found to believe in my dream and pursue my goal, at times with fear, at times with ease, but always with the intent to persevere.